Martin Electrical & Technical School, LLC © All rights reserved
130 Kerry Pl
Norwood, MA 02062
To contact us:
This certificate course covers the applicable codes, installation procedures, and the application of common system components. It also covers the key aspects of the following:
* National Electrical Code
* National Fire Alarm Code
* The five basic fire protection goals
* Review the most common types of fire alarm systems and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
* Most common fire alarm system components and how each component works
* The most common initiating and notification devices and how they work
* Proper location of initiating & notification devices
This 75 hour course will allow systems technicians the necessary hours of approved education required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Examiners of Electricians in order to be eligible to sit for the system contractor license examination. It is offered in September, January and April of each year.
In addition, you must work as a Licensed Systems Technician for a minimum of 1 year.
For additional information on licensing and testing requirements please visit Board of State Examiners of Electricians.
All courses may be moved to an online or hybrid format dependent upon guidance from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.